I have been running sports photography workshops since 2011. Recent workshops have included two days at The Aegon Classic Tennis and a Women’s Super League fixture.
Polo is an incredibly exciting sport to photograph. Attendees can look forward to photographing players riding galloping horses whilst competing to score. There will also be great opportunities for feature and portrait photos at the pony trail.
The group have been granted access to Cirencester Park Polo Club on Saturday 20 August and Beaufort Polo Club on Sunday 21 August. These are two of the premier polo clubs in the country, both situated at the southern end of the Cotswolds.
This is a fantastic opportunity for those attending to receive guidance in sports photography whilst photographing such a exciting sport at a high level. Spaces are limited and filling up fast.
To photograph polo you will need a long lens, at least 300mm.
£100 – 1 Day
£150 – 2 days
20 August: Cirencester Park Polo Cub – Chairman’s Cup Finals – 15:00 and 16:30 matches
There is a parking charge of £20 at Cirencester
21 August: Beaufort Polo Club – The Wichenford Bowl – two or three matches in the afternoon – TBC
You can attend a single day or both days.
We will photograph:
- Action: The matches, focusing on capturing photos of exciting action throughout
- Feature: Images of the pony trail, horses being prepared, riders changing horses and much more
Role of the Tutor:
- Help group to capture exciting action shots
- Encourage group to capture feature images before and between matches
- Give guidance on shooting full frame and timing to capture the action
- Give technical advice on camera settings and lens choice.
- Provide detailed feedback on photos taken
About the tutor
- Photographed equestrian features and matches for The Times Newspaper.
- Photographed sports matches and features for The Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday The Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, The Sun, The Times Newspaper, The Independent, and The Express 2012-2016.
- Covered Wimbledon, Barclays Premier League, Football League and ATP Tennis Finals