I have been running photography workshops since 2011. Workshops have ranged from sport, to portrait, to landscape.
I have had a core of attendees since 2011 but its always great when new people attend.
Aegon Classic Tennis Workshop in Birmingham
The Aegon Classic Ladies tennis tournament have granted my workshop group total access to take photos at the tournament on the qualifying weekend (11th and 12th June)
This is a fantastic opportunity for those attending to receive guidance in sports photography whilst photographing world class tennis players at state of the art facilities. Spaces are limited and filling up fast.
- £100 – 1 Day at Aegon Classic
- £150 – 2 days at Aegon Classic
There are a number of exciting opportunities for those who attend.
- A photography competition run by the Aegon Classic for all those attending to take the best image. The winner will be selected by a tennis player and will receive two tickets forthe semi finals of the Aegon Classic.
- The tournament Twitter and Facebook accounts will share your images to report on qualifying and promote the tournament.
- Those who show promise may have an opportunity to cover key matches in the tournament next year.
The workshop will be structured as follows
- Shoot action photos of the qualifying matches
- Take action and feature photos of top players practising
- Capture feature photos around the grounds of the tournament or spectators, ground staff, courts etc
The event will feature top players including
- Angelique Kerber – Australian Open Champion, World Number 3
- Simona Halep – World Number 7
- Sucie Safarova – World Number 16
- Madison Keys – World Number 24
- Caroline Wozniacki – World Number 28, Former World Number 1
My sports photography background
Photographed sports matches and features for The Times, The Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday The Daily Mirror,Sunday Mirror, The Sun, The Independent, and The Express 2012-2016.
Covered Wimbledon 2010, ATP Tennis Finals 2011 and Aegon Classic 2011.
Covered the 2010-2011 Barclays Premier League Season.